108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL360 G4 Will not start after power down

SOLVED
Go to solution
rf1nley
Advisor

DL360 G4 Will not start after power down

If I power the machine down, it will not boot back up for about 12hrs.  Is this typical? 

3 REPLIES 3
Murali_V
HPE Pro

Hi, 

This is not a normal and seems to be some issue.

To isolate, let us know what happens when you try to power on the server? does it shows POST screen or no display or server not powering on etc...

Also, try to boot the server with minimum configuration consists of only the components needed to boot the server and successfully pass POST.

When requested to break the server down to the minimum configuration, uninstall the following components, if installed:

• All additional DIMMs

Leave only the minimum required to boot the server—either one DIMM or a pair of DIMMs. For more information, see the memory guidelines in the server user guide.

• All additional cooling fans, if applicable

For the minimum fan configuration, see the server user guide.

• All additional power supplies, if applicable (leave one installed)

• All hard drives

• All optical drives (DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, and so forth)

• All optional mezzanine cards

• All expansion boards

Before removing the components, be sure to determine the minimum configuration for each component and follow all guidelines in the server user guide.

Regards,

Murali Mohan

Was this post useful?

Accept or Kudo

rf1nley
Advisor

When I push the power button, the fans spin way up.  Sometimes they spin down, sometimes they don't.  There is nothing displayed on the monitor and no beep. 

I have tried stripping down the machine and clearing the NVRAM. It seems to have no effect.  It also seems not to matter if the machine remains plugged in.  I have tried unplugging it for a couple of hours and leaving it plugged in. 

If I let the machine sit unplugged and don't try to start it for 12+ hours, it starts with no problem.

Murali_V
HPE Pro
Solution

As you have already tried reseating the components, try upgrading the firmware and try swapping the power supplies and if the issue not resolved you may need to replace the System board.

Was this post useful?

Accept or Kudo