1748204 Members
3225 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G4 cache mem battery failure

Graham M Moorhouse
Occasional Contributor

DL360 G4 cache mem battery failure

I have a number of DL360 g4 where the cache battery fails to charge and requires replacement (as per Insight Manager and the controller when it boots) the firmware is at 2.80, I have even replaced the cache memory as it is cable fed from the stick and cleaned the battery contacts. Some have been replaced some 4/5 times over the last 3/4 months with some batteries lasting less than a week. I would appreciate any thoughts.
4 REPLIES 4
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

let me see you have replaced Cache module but not the battery yet?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01213272тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=428936&prodTypeId=15351
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Graham M Moorhouse
Occasional Contributor

Obvoiusly I have replaced the Battery, as per the question 4 and 5 times.
August Jirovec

This has happened to me recently as well; I did battery swaps on five of our servers after I found out they were four months out of warranty. Four of the batteries worked fine but the fifth only lasted three days. This was with firmware version 2.84.

I tried doing everything you did to no avail. I'd like to know if there's a fix for this apart from spending another $50 on these batteries.
lwright
Occasional Advisor

I currently have this same problem on four DL360 G4 and one DL360 G4p. I have called HP repeatedly about them (7 times on just one server so far this year., I have updated the firmware to v2.84B, and replaced the batteries and their cages in case it was a problem with the cable. Only one of these servers is now under warranty and HP says the batteries are not covered under warranty. I had one new battery last 3 DAYS before it failed - and that was last month. I've put postings out in the forums to find a resolution, but have not found one yet. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. HP needs to do something about this issue.