1753853 Members
7661 Online
108808 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G4 purchased online...no video

bruceballou

DL360 G4 purchased online...no video

Hello,

DL360 when I power it up, the CD blinks, and then the 2 top lights are green, and nothing shows up on the monitor (the light on the monitor is flashing amber) I tested the monitor on another server and it works fine. I feel that there may be a problem with the video on the server, but I can not tell and there are no error code beeps as I thought there should be. Is there a switch or something to make the video show up?

Thanks for any assistance.

Bruce
4 REPLIES 4
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Put a inexpensive PCI video card into the server from an old workstation. See if the video comes up. If it does work, run the smartstart diagnostics to see if you have a bad board. You should only purchase servers from a reputable source. You can get alot of old HP servers that are broke online.
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

open the cover and check all the leds on the system board, cross reference against this support doc

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00319960тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=397638&prodTypeId=15351

it may be just not passing the self test and not getting as far as the video output. This is quite a while after frst power on though, not immediate after power on like a pc or some servers. maybe a 2 minute wait before you get the video. thefans should power up quite loudly and then die down to normal speed, then a short while after video kicks in

you could always try and get onto the ILO port through lan? from here you can maybe see how far it gets

Andy
bruceballou

I will bring in a video card from home to test it out. If I were to plug the iLO into the LAN, how will I get to the system? Is there some software that will probe for the iLO?

Thanx,

Bruce
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Unless you configured ILO, it won't work. I figure its a new install server out of the box. ILO is probably not configured.