ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752587 Members
4592 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 G4 will not power up with 2 processors installed.

nick s_1

DL360 G4 will not power up with 2 processors installed.

ok i have a DL360 g4 with 2 gb of ram. run great with one processor in it. no problems.

it has the xeon 3400DP/1M/800 SL7DY
i purchased the exact same processor. it will run with one processor in it. doesn't matter which one. but with both in it it fails to boot no post no system health leds. i tried switching the processors also. i have gotten it to boot about 2 times with both processors in it and it will stay running for 10 min. the power light goes green and it does nothing.

if i turn it on with the processor in it with the system lights off and i unlatch the zif latch the system lights come on and it boots the one processor. when its not running the cr21 and cr22 lights are blinking and i cant find anywhere that explains what those are or mean. so any advice would be nice.
3 REPLIES 3
nick s_1

Re: DL360 G4 will not power up with 2 processors installed.

also i think this may be a loose connection. i pushed down on the processor wile slightly twisting the case and it booted. but if any thing else turns up.
Brandon Madanjit

Have you tried updating to the latest firmware?
B. Hulst
Trusted Contributor

If both processor run ok when inserted in the first slot and leaving the other slot empty.

The CPU's are ok.

Check the second processor slot on the mainboard for any plastic, metal or other weird material that should not belong there.