cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL360 G4 won't boot from CDROM after BIOS update

Jay Eagle
Occasional Visitor

DL360 G4 won't boot from CDROM after BIOS update

I just did a BIOS update (to 2007.07.16) on one of my DL360 G4's and now it won't boot from CDROM.

The CDROM was showing as first in the boot sequence, and I tried moving it to position two which didn't work.

I went back to the backup BIOS, which had booted a Windows 2003 CD just 10 minutes before, and still no luck.

I swapped CDROM drives with another DL360 G4, and the problem followed the server whose BIOS I had just updated.

I erased NVRAM using both the BIOS utility and the SmartStart utility (by booting the SmartStart utility from USB), and still no luck.

During boot, it tries the USB, the array, and the network to boot, but I never see it try the CDROM.

Any ideas?
2 REPLIES
Jay Eagle
Occasional Visitor

Re: DL360 G4 won't boot from CDROM after BIOS update

I saw a suggestion in another thread to try wiping out NVRAM using switch 6 on the motherboard. I did, it erased NVRAM (evident by looking at the settings afterwards), but that didn't fix the problem.

I saw a suggestion in another thread to try updating the CDROM firmware. I downloaded the latest CDROM firmware (C.CD, and I verified my drive's model number was the same) and installed it to a bootable USB key. When UPDATER.EXE tries to load the firmware it just drops from its update screen back to the DOS prompt w/o showing any progress.
Mike Proto
Occasional Visitor

Re: DL360 G4 won't boot from CDROM after BIOS update

Same issue need a solution HP guy's ... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!