1752790 Members
6274 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G4p Server RAID card not detected

ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

DL360 G4p Server RAID card not detected

I have a DL360 G4p server which comes with the HP embedded 2 Port SATA Controller. I have been trying to configure the server. No RAID configuration as I know that it the controller does not support RAID. I observe that the controller in not detected during the POST screen. There is no option in the RBSU to enable or disable the controller. I don't find the appropriate drivers in the HP website for this controller. Please let me know if there is any resolution for this as I want to just install the Windows 2003 server OS on the server.
14 REPLIES 14
Oleg Mochkin
Trusted Contributor

Have you try begin installation with SmartStart CD?
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

The option for the HP Smartstart CD could be ruled out as this an embedded 2-port SATA RAID controller which would not be recognised by the Sartstart CD. With the Smartstart CD the controller would not be detected.
Oleg Mochkin
Trusted Contributor

There is any messages about SATA HDD (type, size) during the POST ? If no I think you have HW problem.
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

During the POST, the redundant ROM was detected.
Server also detects the HP SATA ROM and then gives the message as "no devices attached".
Gus Kwong
Respected Contributor

Urm... is that a SCSI model of G4p you have got there?

For the DL360 G4p, the server can only recognise one type of disk at a time (i.e. either SCSI-only, or SATA only). Makes sense really because there is only 2 slots for 3.5"!

Unless you are lucky enough to have the SFF SAS/SATA chassis, then that would be a different story.

Hope this helps.
Learning never ends
triangle687
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
embedded 2 port SATA controller doesn't support RAID and HOTPLUG.
RAID capability is support on this server only with option controller ( SAS 8port )

T.
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

The DL360 G4p server we are talking about is indeed a SATA model.
Gus Kwong
Respected Contributor

So, the server is originally a SATA model, and you trying to setup Win2003 (I assume from Windows setup disk rather than smartstart)...

And it is becasue the SATA model does not come with the floppy drive, I assume that is your problem too?

If that is the case, then either a USB floppy drive will be needed, or iLO Advanced pack for allowing floppy drive mapping. And then you will need the driver on http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23396.html

If not, tell us a bit more of your issue.

ps: if the posts have been useful please assign points. Thanks.
Learning never ends
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

The OS is being installed directly from the Windows 2003 server OS CD. Using a floppy disk is not an issue. We have used the floppy disk and tried to install the driver from the intel website directly for this embedded controller
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=N&Inst=Yes&ProductID=1658&DwnldID=9451&strOSs=84&OSFullName=Windows%20Server*%202003тМй=eng

The server seems to take the driver but again it does not detect any drives on the controller.

Regarding the link you mentioned, it says it is applicable for a 6-Port SATA RAID Controller Driver. Will it work for a 2 port embedded SATA controller?