1745793 Members
3666 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL360 G4p - Smart Array 6i - Disk Issue

Andy Blackburn

DL360 G4p - Smart Array 6i - Disk Issue

Hi All,

I have a major issue with a brand new DL360 G4p, where any disk that is installed (that have been checked and are working) display the orange LED (no flashing) and do not show up in the ACU or ADU. I attach a recent ADU log. Can anyone shed any light on this issue? They were working initially, but there was a problem during 2k3 installation:

"cpqarray.sys is corrupt"

After rebooting, the issue began. I have a smartstart 7.4 cd, but can't find where I would be able to flash the smart array from this CD...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Andy
4 REPLIES 4
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

SmartStart cannot flash the firmware. You need the Firmware Maintenance CD:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/24048.html

The driver for the Smart Array 6i is not cpqarray.sys, it's cpqcisse.sys

But I find it very strange that the ADU report does not see any physical disks. I don't know if there any connections from the disk-backplane to the mainboard that you could check (haven't looked inside a DL360 for a while).

During boot, if you press F8 when prompted to do so by the Smart Array 6i, can you View Logical Drives? Can you see any disks there?

Regards,
Stephen
Andy Blackburn

Hi Stephen,

If you go into the array config util (F8 when prompted) you can see no physical disks at all.

I have also checked inside, and ensured that everything is well connected.

Since my first post, we managed to get the disks visible again (more luck than judgement!) and created the logical drive. Started the windows installation, which hung. Rebooted, and the orange LED was up on the disks again, and no physical or logical drives available.
Dmitry_75
Valued Contributor

Hi!
simple way to resolve issue :)
remove HDD, pull out and push in scsi backplane, insert HDD, enjoy
RaMpaNTe
Trusted Contributor

Hi Andy, I went trough the ADU report and thereâ s no physical HDDs reportedâ ¦ Hummm, thereâ s a known issue regarding DL360G4ps in which the connection with the drives can be loose.

Remove the drives, open the top cover and reseat the SCSI backplane, make sure you press it firmly until you hear a click, then put the drives back in the server (remember to keep the physical position) and put the top cover.

If those steps donâ t work I would say you have a failed SCSI backplane that should be replace with the part number 05443-001. There are no problems with the 6i controller; everything seems to be working as it should.

RaMpaNTe
You heve a question... I have an aswer!!!