1748011 Members
4900 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G5 Array error

mngtplayer
Occasional Advisor

DL360 G5 Array error

I was in the process of building a SQL server with 2 different RAID Arrays. The first Array was going to have (2) 72 GB HD's running Raid 1, the 2nd Array was going to have (3) 300 GB harddrives and run RAID 5. I enabled the last two bays by adding the cable to the controller and inserted all 5 drives into bays 1 - 5. I powered on the Server and received the following error during the boot process.

1783 - Slot 0 Array controller is in lock-up state due to hardware configuration
Controller is disabled until problem is resolved
Slot 0 HP Smart Array p400i Controller enable controller

Here is what I have tried to do to fix the problem:
*Applied the latest firmware updates (reboot, same problem)
*Removed the 300 GB HDs and new cable for bays 5 & 6 (reboot, same problem)(I read somewhere these drives may not be supported)
*Tried booting with no HD's (reboot, same problem)
*Pulled the CMOS battery out for 5 minutes and booted to no avail
*Swapped a controller from another DL360 G5(reboot, same problem)

This server was previously working fine in our hosted facility. The customer disonnected a few weeks ago and I decided to reuse it as a DB server.

Does anyone know what the problem might be and how do I get rid of the error?

Thanks,
Lenny
13 REPLIES 13
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

You could remove the RAID arrays from the controller with the RAID 1 drives disconnected. Then, shut down plug in the RAID 1 drives and see if the controller finds them. I would only use recommended hard drives on that controller.
mngtplayer
Occasional Advisor

Unfortunately I am no longer able to edit the RAID Arrays anymore. This feature has disappeared when booting.
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Disappeared? Try placing it in a workstation and see if it recovers. You might have a bad controller.
mngtplayer
Occasional Advisor

I tried replacing the controller with a known good one.
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

I would try the controller in another workstation or server. If it functions, could be a bad server board. Rule out a bad controller or bad server board. I would try that controller elsewhere.
mngtplayer
Occasional Advisor

Just tried that. Works fine on a different DL360 G5.

I attached a picture of the error
mngtplayer
Occasional Advisor

This is a picture of the menu when I hit F9 or F10. No option to create/delete Array
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

1.) On boot with drives disconnected, does the controller post? Can you hit F8, I beleive, to enter the setup?

2.) Reconnect the RAID 1 drives to the controller. Reboot Does the controller POST can you hit F8, I belive, to enter the setup
mngtplayer
Occasional Advisor

When the drives are disconnected, the controller error remains during startup. Pressing F8 brings me into the LOM setup.