New Discussion юеВ

DL360 G5 CPU - Xeon 5120 - 416569-B21

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sam71
Advisor

DL360 G5 CPU - Xeon 5120 - 416569-B21

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if this DL360G5 Processor Option Kit (- Xeon 5120 - 416569-B21) will work in any other HP servers? i.e. ML350 / 370 G5

cheers
Scott
5 REPLIES 5
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

Re: DL360 G5 CPU - Xeon 5120 - 416569-B21

Hmm sam

put this in google it will show the quickspecs for the relevant server and every supported option number for that server its handy to have...pdf .doc

quickspecs ml370 g5

enjoy

This is how we thank each other in the forum
its for "all" who contribute in assisting

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Enjoy:) thanks
juan quesada
Respected Contributor
Solution

hello SAM,

the option kit is only for a dl360 g5, why? because it is a combination of two parts: heatsink + intel 5120 processor.

your 5120 processor can be used in diff model of servers but the servers might use a different heatsink...(is cheaper to buy just the inexpensive heatsink that the whole thing)

to get more granular on HP part details... go to partsurfer.hp.com

you example: http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=416569-B21.

MARK1234: STOP CRYING FOR POINTS IN THE ENTIRE FORUM, THIS IS TO HELP PEOPLE AND FOR YOU TO STAY SHARP....... .AT LEAST IF YOU WANT POINTS...MAKE SURE THE ONE WHO ASK HAS THE ANSWER!!!

sorry sam to use your post for this..

Sam71
Advisor

I thought that maybe the issue! I actually have a couple of 771 xeon heatsinks/fans etc. The reason I got this kit was that I picked it up really cheap, so I just wanted to double check

cheers

Sam71
Advisor

Mark yeah I know the ML350 & 370 G5 take a Xeon 5120 but the HP part numbers are different (Option kit Number)! I generally research before I post on here!
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

Sam this is no reflection on you,what so ever.and the comments are not guided at you..

unfortunately an inconsiderate person Juan has made personal comments in your post,

sorry sam to use your post for this but at times one must take the time and educate misguided individuals like juan quesada.

Juan you should not use peoples posts to forward such cowardly rude opinions.

If you absolutely must have an opinion in such a forum leave your email and you will get a response.

Note it is considered quite rude.this forum is for tech support not for your personal opinions...

Also Note in forums we do not type in caps.lock. %

I suggest learning English may improve you understanding , of comments,& would stop misunderstandings.

you show disregard for others, that try to help you.. is that the attitude you want to portray of yourself to forum members.

juan quesada you should start assigning point to those who help and also ones to "try" to help you ,

it is simply a way of saying thank , it is a simple gesture,,,it is in no way painful...:) and a thank you is considered kind.. and polite

you have so far assigned points to 2 of 7 responses to your questions

I suggest you go back and assign points to all your posts, I would actually lead by example but l i have not asked any questions yet.

I would certainly assign points to all who helped me.

you did not like my comments and i understand as you may feel they are directed toward you..especially with your record for assigning points to people that try to help you.

Now Look what it says in my signature see the words "all who contribute" now read and understand the signature.. and its implications,.it is not crying as you state, on the contrary your opinion highlights a lack of decorum on your behalf.

Important note %%% by assigning points it keeps the forums alive ,

that is why the forums were designed this way...
points are actually built into the forums not add ons.....and they should be assigned accordingly to the guidelines do not forget this..it is .important , have you read them , if so i strongly suggest you read them again..

I think everyone in the forum should use the signature below which i use...

enjoy

This is how we thank each other in the forum
its for "all" who contribute in assisting

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

juan quesada its quite simple assign points to all who try to help you....

yes to all......