3642 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G5 NC373i stops all tcp/ip traffic

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nathan C.

DL360 G5 NC373i stops all tcp/ip traffic

we have 2 DL360 G5 with the NC373i NICs. when we put them into production the NIC seem to fail with any type of load on them. The nic does not show it going down or disconnected and there are no Event logs to show them losing communication only that it cannot connect the domain. The only way to get to the box is ilO.

We have downgraded the driver from 4.1.5.0 to 3.7.23.0 (from HP support request) and made the changes in the KB948496 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948496
after making the changes everything look to be working. But, one of the boxes went down with the same issues the next day.

If anyone can point use in the right direction or had this problem and found a working fix would be great to hear from you.

Thanks,
Nathan
4 REPLIES 4
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi

I had similar issue I mean there was no TCP/IP
(telnet, http, ftp) but I had ICPM I mean I could ping server

the point is I just disable RSS and it is supposed that the link you have from microsoft will turn off RSS (and other things) so just apply hotfix on that server without downgrading driver and let us know

also that article includes the way of doing it manually but I think is better the hotfix to avoid any error while changing registry keys.
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
timbball

Try disabling RSS on the NIC team (advanced properties of the virtual NIC). We have seen a few cases of this where the OS has RSS and other SNP features turned off, but the NIC team has RSS turned on, causing this problem.
Nathan C.

turning off RSS and the SNP stuff worked for one box. The client had been going down to many time so we just added new Intel NICs to the server and called it a day. Thanks for the help.

Nathan
Nathan C.

thanks