cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL360-G5 Queue Depth

JeremyM
Occasional Visitor

DL360-G5 Queue Depth

We just got a DL360-G5 with an onboard Smart Array P400i and a Smart Array E500 going into an MSA 50. These are our first HP servers.

I would like to adjust the Queue Depth, especially for the E500, but cannot determine how. Calls to HP support have proven fruitless, they can't even determine what HBA the server has.
3 REPLIES
JeremyM
Occasional Visitor

Re: DL360-G5 Queue Depth

I take it then no one has the answer? Am I asking the right question? I've done everything I can think of to figure this out and am a bit exasperated..

..jeremy.
Víctor Cespón
Honored Contributor

Is this an OS paratemer? On what OS?
There's some parameters you can change on a SmartArray though ACU, but this is not one of them.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Jeremy,
I guess you are referring to the NCQ.
Native Command Queuing (NCQ) is a technology designed to increase performance of SATA hard disk drives by allowing the individual hard disk to internally optimize the order in which received read and write commands are executed. This can reduce the amount of unnecessary going back-and-forth on the drive's heads, resulting in increased performance for workloads where multiple simultaneous read/write requests are outstanding, most often occurring in server or storage-type applications. Without NCQ the drive has to process and complete one command at a time. For NCQ to be enabled, it must be supported and turned on in the controller and in the hard drive itself.

As mentioned, enabling option should be present in the CONTROLLER's settings. However, Im not sure it will allow to to ALTER the depth.

Regards.