1748185 Members
3900 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G5 RAID issue

mokdz

DL360 G5 RAID issue

Hi all,
am new to this forum, and i have a question about RAID configuration, here is the problem:
I have 2 servers DL360 G5, and i want to create RAID 1 (with 2 disks) on one server and install OS and application, after that i wanna take these 2 disks to the second server, this will work for me ? the RAID will be kept ?
if there is another solution please advice me .

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Mario Giaretta
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
no problem to moving the two disks from first to second server. The smart array read the information into the hards disks.
Mario
Mario Giaretta
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
the servers must have same hardware configuration, if the configuration is different the operating system does not start
Mario
mokdz

even same RAM ?
Mario Giaretta
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
ram is not a problem. The problem is "controller raid" "scsi controller" for other peripherals.
The most important is controller of boot disk.
Mario

TTr
Honored Contributor

No the RAM does not have to be the same. The servers do not have to be identical either. But if you have an extra adapter in one server, you will need to adjust the drivers (add or remove) in the other server.
mokdz

hi,
thaks all for replies, will try this next two days , and i'll keep you informed.

regards
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

update the firmware in the Smart Array controllers, mismatch in Smart Array firmware functions can cause problems
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!