108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 G5 Requires frequent restarts

LNB KS
Occasional Advisor

DL360 G5 Requires frequent restarts

Hardware: DL360 G5

Issue:

For the past 5 months we have had to reset the same server daily. The server is our Domain Controller (DC). Microsoft has told us the DNS is taking up all available ports but has yet to find any solution. Resetting the server returns normal function until the next reset is needed.

Symptoms:

Users are unable to log in (profiles stored on this server). Users cannot save to shared drives or map drives (if logging in).

Fixes tried so far:

Installed latest drivers, firmware, and HP PSP software. Changes done to the registry are available upon request (all changes made at Microsoft's request). Microsoft had us install "Microsoft Network Analyzer 3.2" and has been having us do a port capture when the problem occurs.

I will note this server worked flawlessly for about 5 months. The problems started on 11/14/2008 and has persisted since (no changes logged on that date). Next freeze I will run the Analyzer again to help in future troubleshooting.

We've never had problems with an HP server like this, please advise.

4 REPLIES 4
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: DL360 G5 Requires frequent restarts

try for sure latest firmware and drivers for NC373i (problematic NIC)

and also try this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948496
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
LNB KS
Occasional Advisor

Here is our current driver info:

Device:HP NC373i Multifunction Gigabit Adapter

Driver Provider: Hewlett-Packard
Driver Date: 8/12/2008
Driver Version: 4.5.4.0

Is that not the newest? If not would you mind linking me to the proper one? I have attached a screen shot of the driver info.

I'll also start reading that MS article just incase my driver is the most current.
LNB KS
Occasional Advisor

I've updated the driver (again) to the most current version. The problem still persists and neither Microsoft nor HP have offered any new solutions.

Driver is now 4.8.4 from HP with 12/23/2008 as the date.

This is the 3rd time we've updated the driver or firmware in the last 6 months. I think it is safe to say the driver is NOT the issue.
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

hi LNB KS if this link does not sort the issue try another nic ,,just as that will be the quckest way to troubleshoot /.

try >>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968372
enjoy :)