108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 G5 - Unexpected Restart After ROM/SysSW,Firmware Update

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mark Gilchrist
Occasional Contributor

DL360 G5 - Unexpected Restart After ROM/SysSW,Firmware Update

After upgrading all HP System Software, Firmware, and ROMPaqs, we are getting unexpected reboots immediately after a warning in the Windows System log that states: "Source: hpqilo2, Event ID: 57, Description: NetFN 0x6, command 0.22 timed out". I believe we were getting these Event ID 57 warning messages prior to performing the aforementioned updates to HP upgradable components. We have hundreds of these DL360 G5 Servers. However, only 2 are exhibiting this error and subsequent shutdown. Please offer assistance if any information can be distributed. Those updated components that can be validated from the Windows GUI are as follows: HP iLO Management Channel Interface Driver is at driver version 1.15.0.0; System ROM is at level P58 (07/10/2009); and the current iLO firmware is at 1.81. Thanks, Mark

P.S.This thread has been moved from  Insight Remote Support>general to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)- HP Forums Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
c.wolf
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: DL360 G5 - Unexpected Restart After ROM/SysSW,Firmware Update

Hi Mark,
we had the same problem 2 years ago:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/Server-frozen-hang-an-reboot-ASR-EventID-57-hpqilo2/m-p/4409411#M90228

The actual Versions for Windows 2003 are:
HP ProLiant DL360 G5 (P58) Servers 2010.10.25
HP Integrated Lights-Out 2 2.05
Power Management Controller (HP ProLiant DL360 G5 Server) 3.4
HP ProLiant iLO 2 Management Controller Driver for Windows Server 2003 1.14.0.0
HP ProLiant Integrated Lights-Out Management Interface Driver for Windows Server 2003/2008 1.15.0.0

Mark Gilchrist
Occasional Contributor

Re: DL360 G5 - Unexpected Restart After ROM/SysSW,Firmware Update

Thank you for your response C_Wolf. After I submitted this message yesterday, it occurred to me we had standardized on RiLOE Firmware 2.01 on all Systems that were not exhibiting this problem. After updating that component, we have not seen another occurance of this isssue. I do appreciate your response for 2 reasons: I was unaware there was a 2.05 firmware level which, is most probably indicative of bad advise before these updates began; and two --> it proves to me you can actually get similar experiences with better advise if you only submit your question to the forum.