ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752661 Members
5812 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G5 and firmware upgrade

Cassandra Nelson

DL360 G5 and firmware upgrade

I have a DL360 that I have update the ROMpaq, and firmware for P400i Array Controller. Now when I try to install an OS onto the post comes up with an error message that says you must upgrade the flashrom for harddrives model _____ then it boots to NTLDR missing.

I have download the Firmware to a bootable CD\DVD and it won't boot it from it. I try installing the file to a USB stick it does not recognize it. I removed the drives and try to install the OS, when it gets to the Windows restarting, the screens goes blank and nothing happens. When I turn the server off an back on it comes up with firmware update message and eventually I get missing NTLDR.

Is there anyway to update the firmware on the drives with the OS been online?

3 REPLIES 3
cnb
Honored Contributor
Cassandra Nelson

Thanks, I had downloaded that file onto a bootable CD then DVD but it does not boot up the server from it. However, it does boot up from another workstation so I know it is a bootable disk.

Is there something special I need to do to get DL360 G5 to recognize this as a boot CD or DVD? I never had to do anything special in the past.
cnb
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure I understand your statement, but are you downloading this file iso image to a bootable cd or using your favorite Burning ROM software to burn this *image* to a blank CD? You should be buring the iso image to a blank CD and then test the newly burned cd.

Rgds,