108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 G5, duplicate multicast packets received

SOLVED
Go to solution
Per N├дsvall
Occasional Contributor

DL360 G5, duplicate multicast packets received

In a multicast environment we have problems with the DL360 G5 hardware (HP NC373i NICs) which in our case receives twice the amount of multicast packets sent from an specific application. Wireshark capture confirms this. With other h/w as the DL320 G5 with exactly the same software there are no problems at all. The packet size is 298 bytes. The OS is 2003R2 w SP2. The server was deployed with the HP Smart Start 7.91. We have reproduced the issue on two identical DL360 G5 and we have afterwards also updated the NIC drivers & NIC conf.utility with no change.

At first we thought it was something with the NIC-teaming but after tried all possible scenarios the duplicate multicast issue remains.

I hope someone else noticed this as well as we need help on this issue.

Br,
Per
6 REPLIES 6
Terence Tsao
Frequent Advisor

Re: DL360 G5, duplicate multicast packets received

Did you drop NIC teaming setting, only transfer data by one port ?
Per N├дsvall
Occasional Contributor

Yes i did but with no difference.
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

there were some issues with TCP Offload Engine and (Receive Side Scaling) by the multifunction adapters, which should 've been resolved with NCU 9.00 and latest drivers, but you can try to disable both options on the NICs and from the team and check. This is made from NCU->Properties-> Advanced options. Further these are the adapters in dl360 g5, DL380 g5, and are not in DL320 g5...

Pac
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

yes try disable TOE / TCP Chimney / RSS

all those multifunction features are generating a lot of issues:

Two Embedded NC373i Multifunction Gigabit Server Adapters with TCP/IP Offload Engine

and let us know results

also are you using NIC Teaming? if so which one(type)?

Regard
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Per N├дsvall
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

The RSS-option caused it, by disabling it we no longer receives duplicate packets.
The TOE-option didn't matter in this case.

We use simple teaming for NFT only.

Thanks to all of you who helped me on this one.

Br,
Per
Terence Tsao
Frequent Advisor

I config NFT in most of cases.Sometimes NLB causes package lost.NLB combines more NIC ports together acts as mutil transfer-out and single receive-in.