New Discussion юеВ

DL360 G5, no alerts...?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Colin A
Advisor

DL360 G5, no alerts...?

Hi

Wonder if someone can point me in the right direction...

Just setup a DL360G5 with Windows 2003 Server.. Installed the latest Insight Agents 8.3..

I setup my contact email in the Event Viewer Config program.., and send out a test trap message.., and it works fine.. I get the mail..

If I then go to the Web front end and login to the Homepage.., under Settings I can send a test trap again..., this too works fine...

Now, if I reboot the server..., I would expect to get an email of some kind that tells me the server has been down then back up..., is that correct?..., as I don't get any...

I know with SBS 2003 and Insight I get all kinds of trap info..., but I'm not sure if under Windows 2003 the alerting is different?..., or.., I've missed something?..

Any help would be great.., basically, I want the server to alert me if anything fails or if it gets rebooted..

Thanks in advance...
3 REPLIES 3
marcus1234
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: DL360 G5, no alerts...?

reboot is not an alert try pull the power supply if you have 2 of them ,
you can also filter alerts

This is how we thank each other in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Enjoy:)
Colin A
Advisor

Aha!...

Thanks for your help... I guess with SBS 2003 it must be generating it from the OS, and not Insight...

You would think that would be quite an important one if you are looking after the server...

Do you know if there is any way I can get it to alert me of reboots..?

Thanks
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

you could schedule a task after start the system that could notify you.

e-mail/sms ....

mikap