ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752633 Members
5861 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G6 SAS Backplane firmware update failure: Read NVRAM - NVRAM_Data Failed Error Code is 82

chaos-prevails
Occasional Contributor

DL360 G6 SAS Backplane firmware update failure: Read NVRAM - NVRAM_Data Failed Error Code is 82

I have a DL360 G6 with 2 SAS backplanes for 8 drives.

on updating a mixed firmware (1.14, and 1.16) to 1.18 the firmware update for the upper backplane failed via SPP (hp-firmware-smartarray-pic24k20-1.18-5.1.i386.rpm added manually as instructed).

I get:

This package can install verison 1.18

Read NVRAM - NVRAM_Data Failed.
Error Code is 82
Error Code is 82
Unknown Data Record Type.
Unknown Data Record Type.
Error Code is 82
GetFWVer Command Failed..
Error code is Q
Failure: Not Defined.
Failure: Not Defined.
GetBootLoaderVer Command Failed...
Error code is ?
GetBootLoaderVer Command Failed...
Error code is ?
Error: Not Defined in Spec.
Backplane Found: Engine: 4, Address: 0xe0, Fw Ver: , Boot Loader Ver: , PIC ID: 0

Anybody knows how I can make the firmware update succeed? Currently the drives on this backplane don't show up in iLO. The SSA still shows the HDDs which are connected to the backplane, and it seems I can still create an array.

should I try lower firmware, or 1.18D? Are there different backplanes which are, or are not compatible with the available firmware updates?

3 REPLIES 3
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: DL360 G6 SAS Backplane firmware update failure: Read NVRAM - NVRAM_Data Failed Error Code is 82

Hello,

Good Day!!!

You can create a raid if the hard disk are showing in the SSA. ILO is reporting components.

Please share the components name (like SA controller name ) , which you updated the firmware as well as share the complete error code or IML error for more clarification.

Please let me know for further assistance.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Did you follow the instructions?

Minimum ILO firmware installed?

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_021f12ee5c464435b6bebe07c3&swEnvOid=2078#tab3

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
chaos-prevails
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

thanks.

@Torsten.Yes, I have updated to iLO 2.33 before doing the SAS backplane update

@SanjeevGoyalI cleared the NVRAM (set Switch 6 to ON, power on, let post, power off, set switch 6 back), and now the upper backplane shows correctly (without the need to reapply the firmware upgrade, it was already on 1.18)

However, now the lower backplane  identifies as upper backplane as well: Bays 1-4 are gone both in iLO, and F8 Raid configuration, and Bays 5-8 show double.

IMG_20200226_171227.jpg

I again cleared the NVRAM in he hope that this will solve the issue, but still same problem.

It is really strange, because before the problem was that the upper backplane did not show correctly,

There is no IML, iLO error visible