ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753468 Members
4954 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G6 and PCI-e card

cloc

DL360 G6 and PCI-e card

I am used to the dl380, but now I have this dl360, and everything is very thight.
I have 2 HBA's : PCA, 4GB PCI-e (FC2142SR) cards I need to install. How do you do that :-)

Is there a simple description somewhere to see how you correct mount this cards. I did try to find som info from stuff delivered with the server.

There exist a full lenght and a half length PCI expansion slot.

The full lenght is my biggest problem, does my card really fit into this, also do I have to remove the topframe competely (where both slots are mounted) to install it correctly.

I did try to find install info (I do have documentation - but it does not tell you exactly how to mount a PCI card - or do I need to look better, to find the right doc?

For the half length expansion slot, I have a cable from the RAID battery crossing under -where I mount the PCI card - to the motherboard. It looks really tight.

Bottom line: How do you mount PCI cards on a DL360 G6 ?

Claus
3 REPLIES 3
cloc

I did remove the top, and did find a solution for the cable to the battery. So its solved.

Claus
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

On all DL360's that I have been working with.
You must remove the OCI riser to install the ad on cards.

On the oldest models there was a handle/latch, for removing the riser.

on some later models you have to loosen 1 or 2 thumb screws on the back, and then pull the Riser up.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo

gregersenj
Honored Contributor