5145 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

DL360 G6 not detecting Array controller

jswhelpdesk
Advisor

DL360 G6 not detecting Array controller

Hi,,

I had a motherboard failure and got replaced with new motherboard of DL360 G6. Server is booting up and getting display but not booting into OS..windows2003server.... 

''Media test failure check cable'' error appears..

Array controller is not getting detected 

There is no F8 option appearing during post to configure array. 

Booted with Smart start 8.30 n checked in ACU still controller not showing up..

8 REPLIES 8
d3vnul
Frequent Advisor

Re: DL360 G6 not detecting Array controller

Hi,

I had a similar problem few days ago. In my case i had to unplug the battery from the controller memory then boot it up without the battery. Few minutes later i reconnected the battery and the controller was detected without any problems. If you have a battery on your controller , you may give this a try.
jswhelpdesk
Advisor

Hi,

Thanx, but there is no controller card... its embedded controller which is not detecting...

Marko71
Frequent Advisor

Hi, 

You DL360 has an onboard P410i controller wihich is simply an embedded version of the P410 controller card.  It still has a memory slot so it's still worth checking the cache module solution offered previously.

Also have you checked in the system bios configuration that the onboard p410i is enabled, it may have been disabled the system the replacement board came from/was intended for used an expansion slot based controller over the embedded such as a P812.

Hope this helps.

jswhelpdesk
Advisor

Hi,

Memory slot is empty, there is no cache module.

I 4got to check system bios configuration, I wil do it wen i reach my office tomorow and update the same... 

Thank u...

Regards

Pradeep

Sbrown
Valued Contributor

If you leave the plugs disconnected a design flaw will torch the outputs. Motherboard will have to be replaced.

See if they ran the board with nothing connected, if so, new motherboard.

If you are out of warranty, you can get used dl360 G6 on ebay for $599 with two low power L5639 6-core 60 watt cpu's, 48gb of ram, and 2 drives.

They have dl380 G6 with the same config to if you want more space, or BL460c g6 with the same config as well.

12 cores, 24 threads, 48gb ram, 2 drives, p410 $599 . facebook is in the ILO so i'm guessing they are off lease.

Otherwise a good choice is the P420/1gb FBWC deal but that is unsupported, they are half the price of the whole server deal mentioned above but support hp smartpath and hp smart cache.

Cheap off-lease servers rule huh? C7000 with 16 blades, $6000 with 32 6-core !!
jswhelpdesk
Advisor

HI,

Thanks ur tip was useful,

Array controller was disabled in BIOS, after enabling it server detected controller and i was able to boot into windows...

Now i have new problem on the same server..

I have 4gb RAM (2gb+2gb) installed in channel-1 slot A and channel-2 slot B.

It displays "207 memory initialization error on processor 1 dimm 3" . It loads windows but shows only 2GB RAM.

Wen installed in channel-2 slot B and Channel-3 slot C error indcates as "207 memory initialization error on processor 1 dimm 9"

Wen installed only in one slot i.e channel-1 slot A  or channel-3 Slot C ,same error occurs and shows fatal error and it asks for reboot. I have tried swapping with new RAM also bu no use.

But wen installed only in channel-2 slot B it boots without any errors and loads windows normally...

Sbrown
Valued Contributor

yes! very common!

1. Everyone here says bent pin!

but I found that you must install 1 dimm, power on, power off, repeat.

Took me much time to do 18 dimms! If i tried any other way, I would get random errors!

Make sure all firmware is good, PCI-E cards can cause this problem too! IE dell card in HP server!
jswhelpdesk
Advisor

I dint found any bent pins.... I tried installing 1 dimm in each slot and checked, it works fine only on channel-2 slot B...

Wen installed on channel-1 and channel-3 it show ''207 memory initiallisation error''.

Wen I installed on other slots one by one n checked, server wont boot it shows iternal error with red led ambering with a continuos beep.....