ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753570 Members
6151 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL360 G6 windows 7; Programs run very slowly, CPU usage is 2 / 3 %. Programs time-out occasional

jay2
Occasional Contributor

DL360 G6 windows 7; Programs run very slowly, CPU usage is 2 / 3 %. Programs time-out occasionally.

Hello,

I installed windows 7 on DL360 G6, All drivers are loaded, Programs are executed very slowly, cpu usage is very low always, less than 7% most of the time; I don't know what is holding up. Sometimes programs time-out. The CPU's are E5540 2.53MHz, 2#. Any help is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: DL360 G6 windows 7; Programs run very slowly, CPU usage is 2 / 3 %. Programs time-out occasional

Hi,

A simple answer would be that the server does NOT support Windows 7 OS.

HP does not have any Windows 7 drivers for this server then how could you install any driver?

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3884320

HP Servers Support & Certification Matrices

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/windows.aspx

Thank You!
I am a HP employee

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

Self Solve Options for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

jay2
Occasional Contributor

Windows 7 has most of the drivers for the intel chiset used inDL360 G6; for iLO2, I downloaded windows server 2008 driver & it worked for windows 7. My hard disk is SATA but the controller is SAS, eventhough the drive works, transfer rate is low, looks like this is the bottle-neck. I installed windows 7 on this machine twenty days ago, it has been working OK except for the system response (performance) issue.

Wazda-IT
Visitor

Whilst W7 is not supported, it has it's fair share of similarities with windows 2008 indeed.

Could you check your power profile in the bios?

We had some issue's while it was on saving mode, put it on performance.

Maybe that would do the trick.

Kind Regards,

John

jay2
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

A question not related to this; Do you know the pin definition of the 6 pin fan connector? I didn't get it on the web or from the fan manufacturer as this is an OEM product.