5669 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G7 Quad port NIC wont install properly

Ivanbre
Frequent Advisor

Hi Adam,

Did you solve this? I have the exact same issue on a dl380 g7.
Mindaugas
Advisor

Hi,
I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Thank You.
Jim_Fu

Hi, All,

I have the same problem on DL380 G7. And I found the nic1 and nic2 have the same MAC address and are disabled in RBSU. I tried many ways but still don't know how to make it enabled.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Jim Fu

lizardius
Occasional Advisor

I have the same problem: 2 of 4 ports are working but last 2 ports - not... 

Oddian

Hi all,

I have the same problem on DL360 G7. And I found the NIC3 and NIC4 are disabled in BIOS ( Just press F9 and press tab to check NIC information )  and no ways to make it enabled.

Uninstall / Reinstall drivers doesn't help.

All you need is call HP to replace the system board.

IrvineIT
Occasional Visitor

I just recently had the same condition show.  I have two DL360 G7s.  Both are virtually identical.  Recently, one of my LAN connections stopped operating.  After a look at the Device Manager, I saw the same conditions as the original poster.  My other G7 was showing the four NC382i as I expected.  I saw and looked into the earlier post regarding manual driver removal.  No luck.

After a complete firmware update (just in case!), I called HP.  The phone tech was telling me that it was unlikely a system board change would be successful and that a reinstall of the OS was likely necessary.  That sounded like killing an ant with a hammer to me so I told him to send the tech with the system board.  Even the tech was wondering why two alternate network drivers were being displayed.

End result:  After a system board swap, all NICs showed properly in the Device Manager and Control Panel.  No driver changes.  No other issues (except to re-address the IP settings).  Thankfully, no OS reinstall either!