108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL360 G7 Server Phantom Logical Drive

SOLVED
Go to solution
Qanaaq
Occasional Visitor

DL360 G7 Server Phantom Logical Drive

I am currently working on a DL360 G7 server, in which after a defective system board was replaced, the unit is seeing a phantom logical disk # 2, when there is only one physical and logical drive setup. So far I have cleared out the RAID configuration numerous times, and also secure wiped and re-imaged the HDD. After reboots the system is still reporting a failed logical (phantom drive) and missing 300 GB HDD. There is only one physical 146 GB HDD in the server. Thanks in advance to anyone who may have any insight. I ran a Google search on the subject matter, but came up with no information pertaining to what I am facing.
2 REPLIES 2
Qanaaq
Occasional Visitor
Solution

So I found the source of the failire. Turned out to be a faulty master HDD image, in which I was using to restore/ clone the oroginal HDD. The issue went away when I tried an alternate master HDD image.

Bunsol
HPE Pro

Hi Qanaaq,

Thank you for letting us know that replacing the drive had fixed the issue. If you still face any issue then request you to log a support ticket with us.

Regards,

Bunsol

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo