1752794 Members
6631 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G7 drive management question

Todd Bowden
Valued Contributor

DL360 G7 drive management question

I would like to know if a DL360 G7 with 8 SFF drives can be divided up to have 2 drives being managed off one port and the rest being managed off the second port?  4 drives are connected to the top HDD backplane and 4 to the Bottom HDD backplane.   I would like to add in a P212 into this server for it to manage 6 of the internal drives.  My thinking is since these drives are running on the same HDD backplane, whether we are talking about the top or bottom, you have to keep the 4 drives together?  Just trying to do a sanity check here.  If the DL360 G7 isnt possible, can I do this same setup in DL380 G7?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Ali
HPE Pro

hi There,

single SAS Port provides 4 physical links there you can connect no of hard drive internally. However, your configuration is also possible by adding an additional SAS expandar card.

thanks,

Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo