New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G9 - Stuck on HPE logo when boot to WinPE

SOLVED
Go to solution
onma
Frequent Visitor

DL360 G9 - Stuck on HPE logo when boot to WinPE

Hello,

We've got 10 Proliant DL360 Gen 9 servers and I would like to deploy system image over PXE boot and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (latest version) from deployment share.

My problem is, that every time when server loads lite touch wim file, it stuck on splash screen with HPE logo. The circle just rotate one or two times then it freeze (image in attachment).

I've tried to download and inject all drivers from HPE Scripting toolkit but it does not work. I've also tried PXE boot and install into standard WS 2016 image and it works so I assume that problem is only in WinPE.

Anybody has similar problem? Can you help me wit that?

Thanks for all replies.

5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

Refer to my posting in this thread

https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/Windows-Server-2016-1709-can-t-installed-on-HP-Proliant-DL380/m-p/6989787#M160007

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
onma
Frequent Visitor

OK, thanks for information

richsmif76
Occasional Advisor

i have the same problem with 4x DL380 G9. ive tried our sccm 1709 boot image. i tried a standard boot.wim from 2016 install media. using 1709 adk.
does this on vmm and standard sccm pxe boot.

the circle spins twice and locks. ive disabled all hardware. same thing.

if i boot from standard 16 media it works. this is a problem with pe.

this worked some months ago but something has changed.

i need this to work like NOW. ill revert firmware if i have to. i have a time critical project to complete.

anyone have a.fix for this?
richsmif76
Occasional Advisor

i tried full reset. secure erase. winpe straight from adk kit. boot.wim injected all hp winpe10 drivers. fresh pxe server
forcefully put all firmwares back to 2017.07
same thing.
turns half a circle and locks up.
4x servers all doing exactly the same thing
im trying to do this with vmm bare metal. these servers have worked before. only things that has changed is the NIC which is a mellanox 640.
i tried disabling thr card
same result.
i cannot diagnose it because its too early.

what causes pe to lock up after only half a turn of the circle.
onma
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

It is propablly to late but maybe for others who will have the same problem.

Solutions is in the cumulative update KB4056892 as is mentioned in the thread refered by Jimmy Vance

You can download it from windows update catalog (http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4056892) and you have to slipstream it into your WinPE wim file. If you use Microsoft Assesment and Deployment toolkit wim is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Windows Preinstallation Environment\amd64\en-us

The guide how to slipstream the update into the wim file is located here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4055537/config-initialization-failed-error-when-installing-windows-server