New Discussion юеВ

DL360 Gen 9 HD-MAX Sensor 8 overheat

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andre1978
Occasional Contributor

DL360 Gen 9 HD-MAX Sensor 8 overheat

Hello,
I bought 8 Samsung PM1643 SAS SSD's to go in the server. Planning for a vsan all flash lab environment.
After enabling HBA mode in the P440AR and re-boot I get a sensor overheating alarm
The only thing is when I insert an ssd in slot 3/4 I get the HD max temperature overheating message and the systems shutdowns. When I have no ssd's inserted everything is just fine.
Firmware is P89 V2.72, Ilo firmware V2.77.
HPE actually sells these samsung drives for servers so I figured I could buy those sas ssd's.
How to resolve this? Is it a firmware thing?
Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
ksram
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: DL360 Gen 9 HD-MAX Sensor 8 overheat

Hi,

Thank you for the Post.

It looks like the Firmware issue or the Drives might be having issues.

To isolate you can first try updating the Firmware and Drivers of the Array Controllers along with Firmware of Drives if available.

Also try to insert different Drives on the Slot and check. If available try with SAS Drives / Hard drives to see if there are any changes.

If the behavior is same we may have to look into different options.

If the restarts are not seen with different Drives, then it would be suggested to go with the different Drives.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Andre1978
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I managed to install 3 ssd's without problems. When I installed number 4 the server goes to airplane mode,
Yesterday I updated the server firmware to V2.76 latest according to the prolient service packs.
It updated several things inlcuding the system firmware and the P440 raid controller to V7.00.
After the update no problems anymore. At least up to now.

Thanks for your reply

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @Andre1978 ,

Great!

Apprciate it

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo