New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 Gen10 + Windows Server 2012 unable to boot into

SOLVED
Go to solution
andrewmc
Occasional Contributor

DL360 Gen10 + Windows Server 2012 unable to boot into

Hi all

Need help with this one, got a DL360 Gen10 Server running 1x 240 SSD supplied by HPE (VK000240GWTSV)

The BIOS picks up and installs Windows Server 2012 R2 fine via the Inteligent Provisioning terminal

For a while everything going okay, but somehow out of the blue after a few days something causes the machine to restart and puts the Windows boot Loader into 'automatic repair' mode, in which causes the drive in question to no longer be picked up.

I go into the shell and run diskpart, which the drive in question is not listed

I can still see the SSD in the RAID Configruation screen (although not configured as a RAID Drive), and I had plugged the drive into my Windows 10 laptop to see if the data is still there (which it is), however unless I reinstall the OS (which I am trying to avoid), i am stumped

Any ideas?

Also hypothetically - could a 3rd party NIC cause this to occur? or have I got a lemon

4 REPLIES 4
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello,

It would possible for this issue due to 3rd party NIC. You can try after removing the 3rd party NIC. If the doesn't resolves, share the IML error message from the ILO home page for further investigation.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

andrewmc
Occasional Contributor

Yeah turned out to be incompatible NICs, soon as I put the Genuine HPE NICs in, the server is stable.

gerry827
Occasional Collector

sir, have you encountered this again after a power failure? i have the same server DL360 Gen10 but everytime we have a power faiure at the office, windows was unable to boot, i re-install everytime.. appreciate any help... thanks

andrewmc
Occasional Contributor

What I have experienced is unrelated to a power failure or what you're experiencing.

I had a couple of 3rd party NICs that failed under load due to incompatiblity with HPE's firmware, and because it keeps triggering a BSOD at the wrong moment, it puts the windows installation into repair mode. 

Had to reinstall windows because I didn't had the relevant drivers to get into the Windows repair and had to use the Intel Provisioning. 

I would also recommending investigating on why your OS keeps crapping out every time you had a power failure as well