1753468 Members
4792 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 Hard drive fault

Sultan Ahmed
Occasional Advisor

DL360 Hard drive fault

Hi I have a DL360 G3 server, which had a M/B fault which was replaced. Now it seems that both the hard drives (RAID 0) have failed as there is a constant red/orange light on. The hard drives have been replaced, however the array can not see any logical drives. Could this be a problem with the array card? anyone got any ideas
8 REPLIES 8
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

If both drives have been replaced, you may have to reconfigure the array controller (typically, press F8 at boot when the SmartArray controller is printing its startup messages).

MK
MK
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Where is the LED currently lit? If the hard drives have been replaced with spares, then it would be normal for the controller to not see any logical drive unless there was one already configured on these replacements.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Sultan Ahmed
Occasional Advisor

But what does the constant red/orange x mean, does that mean that the hard drives are faulty or the array controller?
Sultan Ahmed
Occasional Advisor

ok, have had an engineer who has confirmed that the motherboard is faulty. This was replaced two days ago and since then the fault has appeared.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

I would recommend booting off of the Smart Start CD and looking in the array configuration utility. I would like to find out what that says about the array. I would wager it sees the logical drive as failed. You may need to delete the logical drive, recreate it, then restore.
Sultan Ahmed
Occasional Advisor

The problem was related to the Motherboard, this was replaced again and all is good
Grant P
Advisor

terry does that mean you owe him on the wager?
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

No, cause he never went into the ACU while it was in this condition :)