108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 NIC fails to start in Windows 2008 after Driver Update

SOLVED
Go to solution
Darren Etheridge_2
Super Advisor

DL360 NIC fails to start in Windows 2008 after Driver Update

I just installed the newest driver updates from HP on our DL360 G6 servers and it has killed the network ports. When I view the properties on the NIC thru Windows Device manager it says "Device Failed to start. Code 10". Anyone else have this issue? HELP!

Thanks!

D
7 REPLIES 7
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Is it teamed? Did you upgrade the firmware at the same time you did the drivers? You can roll back the drivers. You can install the firmware and see if that fixes it. If the NIC is in a team. Break the team and recreate it.
Eric Datwyler
Frequent Advisor
Solution

I had this same issue on all my Bl460c servers. Disable TOE and RSS on each NIC before the upgrade and see what happens. This was my solution. Recreating the team after the upgrade also fixed the problem but re-entering IP informationa and re-setting up the Vlans was not an option with 50+ servers. Plus, I've read bad things about TOE and RSS.
c.wolf
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
I ran in the same problem, when I install NIC and Network Configuration Utility over SMH und VCA.

If you install first
HP NC-Series Broadcom 1Gb Multifunction Driver for Windows Server 2003
cp013490.exe
and then
HP Network Configuration Utility for Windows Server 2003
cp013582.exe
on Desktop, it works fine.

For a short moment the networkconnection lost and reconnect.

Greetings
c. wolf
Darren Etheridge_2
Super Advisor

I uninstalled the NICS, reloaded the drivers and even unteamed the NICs, but to no avail! I ended up restoring from a Windows 2008 ASR (which is great compared to Windows 2003's ASRs). I hope HP fixes this so that the next push will not kill my server farms!
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

What is the exact error? Does the device manager show any issues? Do you need to set speed/duplexing? I read a few others disabled features on NICs for 2008.

Can you get one NIC to enable and work?
Darren Etheridge_2
Super Advisor

Nope, after taking the January 12th update of the NIC driver & Network Configuration Utiltity, my 2008 server NICS ceased to work. The Error Code was 10 - device failed to start.
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor