HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL360: Only video signal from ILO port

Marijn Oosterveld
Occasional Visitor

DL360: Only video signal from ILO port

Hi all,

I am having a problem with a Compaq Proliant DL360 G1 server.
I am currently not able to view content on my monitor while connected to the standard intergrated video port. There is no signal from start.I only get video signal on my ILO port when booting. Also, Windows 2003 Server finds the intergrated device, but gives error 010 : device could not be started. How can I get my standard video port back to work?
My standard video port is currently enabled via smartstart, and vga mode is enabled.(already tried non-vga mode)

If you would like to respond, please keep in mind that I have no experience with the DL360 or proliant related servers.

thanks,

Marijn Oosterveld
2 REPLIES
Bryan Eley
Trusted Contributor

Re: DL360: Only video signal from ILO port

Hi Marijn,

Do you have a monitor directly connected to the vga port? If you are using a kvm cable you might want to hook the monitor directly up to the vga port. Also, you might want to open the case of the server and check the system board LEDs for any obvious failures. If everything appears normal, you may need to clear the NVRAM in the BIOS. I believe there is a maintenance switch on the motherboard to allow this.

Hope this helps,
Bryan
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: DL360: Only video signal from ILO port

The DL360G1 did not have Integrated Lights-Out on the motherboard, so you must have a RILOE or RILOE-II option card. When installed, either option card automatically disables the onboard video controller and instead the option card video chip and output are used.

Your description matches with the way the solution is designed to work.