2972 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 Original, disk problems

ernie cline
Occasional Advisor

DL360 Original, disk problems

Hello,
I have a few DL360s i'm using for various things, and I'm also hooking them up to our HPSIM 5.0. One machine in particular, I always get alerts saying the drive is in predictive failure, then that its ok a few minutes later. If I look on the SMH, I see that the numbers for it are very wrong, just a tremendous amount of errors on the disk that is obviously not correct. This is for both disks in a mirror.

I am on firmware 1.50 for the controller, latest bios for the P21 systems, and the system is fine otherwise. I have also just done the M&P patch with no affect. Other systems i've seen this on have cleared up after the firmware patch, but not for this one. Any suggestions?
15 REPLIES 15
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

It part of array. Then check with ADU any error message on the same or not. There was hdd identifier utility also from hp to vefiy the bad hdd lot. So can check with that.

ADU is bet option to check for any messages on the same disk or not.

Prashant S>
Nothing is impossible
ernie cline
Occasional Advisor

ADU seems fine, I get no problems reported. It is also able to read the serial numbers from the disks. When I look on SMH I still see this for serial number:
├в ┬║\@

and things like 26677 spinup errors, 16053550412961446000 sectors read, etc. I know that can't be accurate.

Also that second link does not work, I get a 404 error .. ?
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

ernie cline
Occasional Advisor

According to ADU the product ID for both disks is BD018122C9 which there doesn't seem to be a rom update for.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

ernie cline
Occasional Advisor

In that case I'm already at B016 according to ADU utility :(.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Can you upload txt file for ADU ?
ernie cline
Occasional Advisor

ADU attached.