1752793 Members
6333 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 Shutting itself down

Andrew Barnes_5

DL360 Shutting itself down

Hi,

We have 4 DL360 servers (G1s) and they randomley decide to power themselves off!
There is no pattern that we can find and they are not heavily used.
Has anyone come across this problem with DL360s before??
We thought they may be overheating but there are no indications of that from Insight Manager and the management agent informs us that the CPUs are running at about 30c with an autoshutdown at 65c
We have tried upgrading to the latest firmware and management agents and also tried reseating all critical components.
Thanks
Andy
2 REPLIES 2
Ron_161
Advisor

Re: DL360 Shutting itself down

Andy,

Not sure if this is any help, but you may want to verify all your hardware and software is compatible with your OS.

I recently installed some USB 2.0 cards in a few DL380 and DL360 G3's. I have external Maxtor 120GB drives attached to the USB2.0 cards. The servers would reboot with no indication as to why. I uninstalled the cards and used the embedded USB slots and the servers still rebooted. I checked the compatiblity list and the external drive was to there. I disconnected the drives and the problem has not happened since.
Edward Latzko
Advisor

Re: DL360 Shutting itself down

We had a similar issue last year and a half ago with the original DL 360's power supplies. We had the same problem with them just powering down and we had them replaced thru HP but they were under warranty at the time. So I would recommend contacting your HP rep to see if anything can be done. Hope this helps....