1753905 Members
10271 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL360 and Windows 2003 hangs in textmode setup

Chris D'Amico
Occasional Contributor

DL360 and Windows 2003 hangs in textmode setup

I am new to this forum. I posted this message under a different category but after further review, I realized that this forum is more appropriate.

I am trying to load Windows Server 2003 on a DL360 1GHz (this is NOT a G2, G3, or G4) with an integrated Smart Array Controller. I am able to boot from the 2003 CD. The drivers load and as soon as it says starting Windows (right after it loads all of the drivers, etc.), the server hangs. I've updated the BIOS and array controller firmware to what appears to be the latest. Perhaps this is an issue with the mass storage driver??

Thanks in advance for your help.
1 REPLY 1
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Re: DL360 and Windows 2003 hangs in textmode setup

Windows 2003 CD has the driver for the Integrated Smart Array controller. One of the settings that may cause the server to lock at this stage in the OS selection in the System Configuration. If you have a smart start 5.x CD, you can boot off the CD and rub the SCU and set the OS to Windows 2000; do not select other. If you do not have a smart start cd you can run the System configuration from the floppy - http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html.
There’s your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!