1753326 Members
4624 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 doesn't turn on

meekrob
Super Advisor

DL360 doesn't turn on

We've just received a DL360 G3 and the problem we are facing is that this server doesn't turn on.
We've changed both of the Power supply and the system board but the problem persist.

Please advise if you have had this problem.
Thanks in advance
9 REPLIES 9
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Hi have you checked the diagnostic pages in this manual

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/supportinformation/techpubs/maintenance_guides/293948-4.pdf

hth
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
meekrob
Super Advisor

Hi

Thanks for your reply, but i couldn't explore the link you've indicated.
Can you please advise regarding the troubleshooting to do??
Thanks again
Phillip Williams_2
Respected Contributor

Cher Rue Baudin :

Try this one?

http://wwss1pro.compaq.com/support/reference_library/viewreferencelibrary.asp?countrycode=1000&catid=750&famid=784&prodid=5475|ProLiant+DL360+G3

And pick the "DL360 G3 Server Maintenance & Service Guide"

Hope that helps

Eric
The world is divided into 10 types of people: Those who understand binary and those who don't
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

hi here is a another link just in case

http://h71025.www7.hp.com/support/reference_library/viewreferencelibrary.asp?countrycode=1000&catid=750&famid=784&prodid=5475|ProLiant+DL360+G3

this gives a reference to all the DL360 manuals
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
meekrob
Super Advisor

Dear All,

Can you please inform me if you have encountered such problems of DL360 G3
After that we unpack DL360 G3, it didn't turn on .
please advise

Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello,
Yes I have seen this behavious when you upack a new server. The only thing to need to do is just reseat the components which you would in the normal course after moving a server. Most likely something is not plugged in or reseating properly.

Regards,
thierry chabanne
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Just few things to check, if you leave the box open when you turn the power on do you see any led lights or have you got nothing lighting up which means not power at all? Also when booting do you see anything on the screen like he HP Logo or nothing? If nothing check the memory you have in the server and make sure it is the correct one as if it is not the right one you would have this kind of problem.
Good luck

Thierry
Seth Parker
Trusted Contributor

The strangest things can cause servers to not power on. Someone I work with once accidentally plugged-in the power connection to a diskette drive where it was off by a pin and the server refused to power on. Once the cable to the diskette drive was plugged-in properly, everything was fine. Like Sunil suggested, unplug everything and reseat it. Also, just for grins, you might try removing one, then the other, of the power supplies and seeing if that may be the cause.

Good luck!
Seth
PDarmanin
Frequent Advisor

Hi there, I had a DL360 G3 that was on line and all of a sudden went down and did not power up. At first inspection the server power button was in standby mode and it will power up and turn to green. Thus the server will not boot or display any logos or any bios activity, and will turn off automatically.
I though it was the main board but still had the same results. After some fault finding and changing some other parts I finally found out that it was one of the cpu fans that was not working correctly.

If u have the same symptoms try changing the whole ass├в y (part number: 305449-001) after all it is only one screw.

By the way I checked the manuals and I could not find this solution.

Good luck and Best wishes to all

Pier