ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752527 Members
4660 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

DL360 g3 dual xeon server, iLo trial key doesn't get accepted?

RIIIDAA
Occasional Collector

DL360 g3 dual xeon server, iLo trial key doesn't get accepted?

Hi,

For personal use last year I bought a used DL360 G3 dual xeon server, last week I found myself needing to use iLo.

iLo works but it doesn't allow for 'gui' which it says can be unlocked by buying iLo advanced licence.

Through HP's site I found I could obtain a demo key, for trial use (60 day iirc) So got it but this iLo trial key doesn't get accepted?

Server  iLo details

iLO Firmware Version:  1.41

I'm  sure there might be a newer firmware available but not sure how far I can go on my g3, server is in a remote data centre, and although there is a way of uploading a new firmware image remotely there is little guidence as to where to obtain such an image file for remote firmware upgrade.

Activation Key Status

License has not been activated.
License Key: not applicable.

Any advice welcome, I'd really like to know why the trial key doesn't work.

1 REPLY 1
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: DL360 g3 dual xeon server, iLo trial key doesn't get accepted?

A DL360 G3 is a retired product (its Quickspecs document was last updated in year 2004), so I guess you bought an used server.

If the trial key won't be accepted, it probably means the previous owner has already used up the 60-day trial period.

The trial license key is supposed to work only once in the server's lifetime. If there is a way to reset it, only HP knows how.

The standard way to find downloadables (drivers & firmware updates etc.) for your HP product is applicable:

1. Go to http://www.hp.com/go/support
  2. Select "Drivers & Software"
  3. Type in your server model ("DL360 G3" is enough in this case)
  4. (If your model was ambiguous, the website will display a list of models to choose from)
  5. Then a list of supported OSs is presented: choose whatever is appropriate to you
  6. Then you'll see a list of all the downloads applicable to your combination of hardware & OS. Click on the name of the download to get more information, including release notes, installation instructions etc. If you already know your way around HP drivers & firmware updates, feel free to click the "download" button directly.

The latest iLO firmware version for your hardware is 1.94.

MK