6293 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 gen9 not booting Red hat linux

stinzx
Occasional Visitor

DL360 gen9 not booting Red hat linux

Dear Team HPE,

I am a technician beginner, have found the problem of DL360 Gen9 before changing systemboard OS Red hat boot, but after i replace systemboard OS red hat enterprise linux not boot, UEFI Boot order not appear Red hat
whereas the steps that I do
1.reinsert SN and Product ID, set date and time
2. choose UEFI Mode

may be helpful for setting the BIOS Boot Red hat, but the server position is now in the customer,

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: DL360 gen9 not booting Red hat linux

There are a couple off ways to resolve teh issue. Replacing the system board, or resetting NVRAM will result in loss of the UEFI boot entry. This customer advisory explains one way to resolve the issue, boot from the UEFI application option, then run efibootmgr to re-create the enty.   https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04174684

Another option is from RBSU:
1) From the System Utilities screen, select System ConfigurationтЖТBIOS/Platform
Configuration (RBSU)тЖТBoot OptionsтЖТAdvanced UEFI Boot MaintenanceтЖТAdd Boot
Option and press Enter.
2) Browse for an .EFI application from the list and press Enter.  (paths are listed in above advisory)
3) If necessary, continue to press Enter to drill-down through the menu options.
4) Enter a boot option description and optional data and press Enter.
The new boot option appears in the UEFI Boot Order list.
5) Select Commit changes and exit to save your selection.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
stinzx
Occasional Visitor

Re: DL360 gen9 not booting Red hat linux

Thanks your Respon, Mr Jimmy

Can you take picture for setting step this below

2) Browse for an .EFI application from the list and press Enter.  (paths are listed in above advisory)
3) If necessary, continue to press Enter to drill-down through the menu options.
4) Enter a boot option description and optional data and press Enter.
The new boot option appears in the UEFI Boot Order list.