1753722 Members
4474 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

DL360 not completing POST

whitik
Occasional Visitor

DL360 not completing POST

Hi there. This is my first post so I I hope I am posting this in the correct area.

I picked up a DL360 and am unable to get it to complete POST. Here are the symptoms:

Single CPU set in socket 1, single dimm set in dimm1a slot, no HDD.

Pre-power on, the iLO goes through its checks and if I'm reading it correctly (from the front of the server the ligts go in order 1-7,HB towards the back), lights 1-5 light up for a few seconds then go dark, 6 does nothing, 7 and HB blink alternatly ever second which seems to be normal according ot the "HP Integrated Lights-Out User Guide". PWR OK light is green, everything else on the board and front of server is dark (minus the amber power button).

When I power on, the amber power button turns green and all other lights on the front stay off. on the motherboard cpu fail and dimm1a err lights are off. iLO shows solid HB, 3, 1 lights. according to the guide solid HB indicates a failure. there isn't a indication of what 1 + 3 LED means, I guess the closest thing is a solid 3 which is "Initalize SDRAM controller" so I first thought problem with the DIMM (unfortunatly do not have a spare yet to swap out, next on my list to pick up), but then I thought the DIMM1A ERR light should be on if there was a problem with the DIMM.

Thats all, nothing else happens, no display of post shows on the monitor (the monitor is tested as functilonal with another computer). I hold the power for 10 seconds and it shuts back down.

Thanks for any suggestions and insight into what the iLO lights are trying to tell me... and why there are no lights other than power button at the front of the server.

Regards,

Kris

1 REPLY 1
Drake_Steel
Regular Visitor

Re: DL360 not completing POST

I don't have a chart of what those led's mean,  though when I've seen these kind of things in the past the definition is so archane that it basically means nothing. You need to understand the archetecture of the system to understand what it even testing. Most of the times its something on the system board. It could be a memory module or CPU but odd's are its the system board.