1753639 Members
5222 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 replacing harddisk mirrored

Ingo Duschl
Frequent Advisor

DL360 replacing harddisk mirrored

hello, i got a harddisk failure and have to replace one of two disks.it is a mirror.i have replaced the disk with a new one.but the mirror is not build automatically. shutdown - replace disk new upstart autorebuild is not working.pelacing the disk while the system is running is also not working.how can i mirror the good one on the new one manually?it is win2003 server.any idea?!
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

is replacement HP branded - same size ?
Firmware at array Controller Up to date

What you see at POST 1 Logical Drive? Smart Array Controller?
What generation Server?
F1 F2 Options?

Replacement good known ?
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Which generation is this server? Does the rebuild start at all? When you go into the Array Configuration Utility what, if any, kind of error do you get there?

A drive not starting the rebuild at all is usually caused by a drive which is too small. If it starts, but stops a certain percentage into the rebuild, then that's usually caused by a problem with the source drive (drive with data).
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Ingo Duschl
Frequent Advisor

i can start the Array Configuration Utility
with the F key the replaced disk is the same size but nothing happens i seems to begin but then windows start from the good old mirror disk and runs stable.the new disk is reconized as good disk and the old one is with a yellow ? and sould be rebuild just the other way round i expect it.is there a manual way to do a rebuild of the mirror just like in HP-UX with a tool?!!
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

run Array Configuration Utility ADU
check if there any REAd/WRITE problems on the Existing Drive also do
CHKDSK /f or /r