ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748128 Members
3488 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 will not auto reboot

Steve Smith_24

DL360 will not auto reboot

Has anyone else experianced this problem with the "G1" or original DL360. When I tell it to shut down and restart it may take 30 minutes to a few hours before it finally reboots. Does anyone know the reason or the fix?

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Sean Marshall_1
Frequent Advisor

There are a couple of things you can try.

- Check the SCU (F10)make sure the advanced options are set (CTRL-A) go to the configure hardware and review/modify settings. Go to configure hardware and view edit details.
Now in the advanced settings check to make sure the Warm Boot Bus Reset is set to enabled.
Also you might want to make sure the Standby Recovery setting is not set to 30 mins.

If this fails to help,Try to clear the NVRAM (Again in the F10) then you will need either the Smart Start or the downloaded SCU floppies(SP19619.exe) to re-setup your boot controller order etc.

Hope this helps
Dave_313

I had a DL380 G3 server that would not warm reboot (although it would cold boot fine). Problem was that when you warm rebooted it would not find the drives properly. HP sent me out a replacement power supply and SCSI backplane so i put them both in and that fixed the problem.

It's a possibility that you have a hardware issue.