1752801 Members
5337 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360

Sugih

DL360

Hi,

I have LSI1030 SCSI card in my DL360 server which is connected to an Autoloader. I'm currently having problem with this Autoloader and thought of changing the SCSI ID that is connected to it but realised that there is no way for me to enter the SCSI BIOS.
I only see MPT BIOS by pressing F8 but this doesn't provide me with what I want.
There are 3 menus inside, Taped-Based One Buttoned Disaster Recovery, Multi Initiator Configuration and Exit.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sugih
4 REPLIES 4
TarunJain
Respected Contributor

Hi Sugih,

Are you looking to change the SCSI id which is assigned to Autoloader?

If this is the case then SCSI ID needs to be changed from the autoloader. Check the autoloader configuration for further details.

& if this is not the case then please clarify.

Tarun

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
src="/html/assets/hpe_banner_SME_signature.p ng">

Sugih

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for your response.

If I do it in the autoloader, both the autoloader and tape drive will share the same SCSI ID with different LUN.
I thought of giving them separate SCSI ID will help solve the problem.
To flash back abit, the problem that I'm having now is that my Full Backup always fails after few hours of backup. And surprisingly the Differencial Backup is running fine.

The tape backup manufacturer advise me to try with different SCSI ID or lower down the Sync Transfer Rate.

Regards,
Sugih
TarunJain
Respected Contributor

Hi Sugih,

It is normal that the autoloader and tape drive share the same SCSI ID with different LUN.

If the differential backup is working fine then there would not be any issue related to SCSI ids.
Contact autoloader vendor for other diagnostics options.

Thanks,
Tarun

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
src="/html/assets/hpe_banner_SME_signature.p ng">

Sugih

Hi Tarun,

I tried to re-run my backup after changing the SCSI ID from 5 to 2 and it worked. Even though I still can't understand that changing SCSI ID can make a difference in this.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
sugih