4258 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360G2 to DL360G4p disk migration problem

Tudor-George
Occasional Contributor

DL360G2 to DL360G4p disk migration problem

Hi,
We tried to migrate the disks from a dead DL360g2 to a new dl360g4p. The disks were configured RAID 1 but when we moved to the G4 we are unable to re-establish the mirror. hpacucli reports Array failed, I see one of the physical disks as unassigned and within the array another one that is failed:
Smart Array 6i in Slot 0

array A (Failed)
physicaldrive 1:1 (port 1:id 1 , Parallel SCSI, 18.2 GB, OK)
physicaldrive 2:1 (port 2:id 1 , Parallel SCSI, 0 Byte, Failed)

unassigned
physicaldrive 1:0 (port 1:id 0 , Parallel SCSI, 18.2 GB, OK)

Anyone can give me a hint hot to get out of "interim recovery mode" and add the other drive to the array ?

Thanks,
Tudor
3 REPLIES 3
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Try this:-

Remove all disks.

Run the System Erase Utility.

Set date/time/serial number etc. in BIOS

Add disks.

See if the disks now show as 1:0 and 1:1

I hope this helps.

Brian

Tudor-George
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. I had it working yesterday, after contacting HP support. The idea is: get BOTH disks from the old system tranferred in the SAME time to the new one and everything is OK, the system starts w/ no problems. What I did: took the working disk out, put it into the old system, started the system, waited until after the Smart Array disk scan and or and put the second disk in. Stopped the system right before boot (I run Linux so I stopped at the grub screen by touching any key, of course except ) and waited for the second disk to synchronize. On the new system I went to the Bios utility (F9 before boot) and "Cleared NVRAM/Boot Disks", restart, reconfigure all Bios parameters I needed and shut the system down. Plugged BOTH disks from the old system into the new one, power and BINGO ! All back to normal system migrated to the G4.

Regards and thanks for the answer
Tudor
Tudor-George
Occasional Contributor

Already documented the solution in my previous reply.
Good luck everyone !