1748181 Members
4110 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360G3 Fans Revisited

Doug Ortman
Advisor

DL360G3 Fans Revisited

The posting to the previous thread on the DL360G3 fan problem seems to have dried up, so I'll open a new thread.

I continue to have this problem after applying the latest system ROM patch (SP24167, v4.04-4/8/03) and setting the system maintenance switch S3 to off.
The OS on this server is NetWare 6.

The fans run at full speed all the time. I even loaded the latest Health driver. Still no change.

I had another DL360G3 with this problem and installed the 2/7/03 system ROM and it fixed the problem without having to change the S3 setting.

So what's up here? Is there some other issue, like different rev levels on the system board? (Someone else mentioned that in the previous thread) Is it OS dependent?

How about someone from HP speak up here and get this issue fixed once and for all!
3 REPLIES 3
Doug Ortman
Advisor

One other piece of information- room temperature is 72 F (22.2 C).
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Have you called in on this yet? Typically there's one of three things which will cause this on this server:
1. Firmware issue
2. Temperature is too high where server is installed
3. Something wrong with the system board

The first appears to have been ruled out. Is this server installed in the same location as the other one you described? The fan speed is controlled through the hardware, unless the systems management driver is installed for the OS.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Doug Ortman
Advisor

No I haven't called in on it. I assume you mean log a case with Tech Support.

I will do that if that's what it will take to get this resolved.

Yes, this server is in the same rack as the one which an earlier patch fixed.