ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753706 Members
4708 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360G4 Network Drivers Problem

Binard Laurent

DL360G4 Network Drivers Problem

Hi, I got a Proliant DL360G4 with two networks cards NC7782.

For troubleshooting issues, I had to remove directly from the device manager the 2 network and teaming interface.

I cleaned the registry and the HP/NCU folder to remove all that was relative to NC7782 or to the NCU configuration.

Problem now is that when Windows Server 2003 discovers the network cards, it installs the driver (10.62) but refuses to load the drivers (error code 31).

I tried to reinstall the NCU but I got a message in the logs saying: An error occured while trying to update NCU settings.

I also try to install another network card in the server, I got the same behaviour. The drivers are correctly installed but the network card won't start.

Questions are:
-where does still remains some settings regarding the NCU (registry, file, ...)?
-the server is GCDC, the performance is highly degraded, any ideas how to fix that problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
dms_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: DL360G4 Network Drivers Problem

Hi Binard,

try uninstalling the drivers from the device manager, download the driver again from following link:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=397638&prodNameId=3288140&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-6170b18b24654efcb0bb4f0f32

Extract the driver in a folder and go to Control Panel-> Add New Hardware->Device is connected->New Hardware->

select the extracted driver(.inf) with have disk -> browse

This way of manual installation helps sometimes

Regards
and select
Binard Laurent

Thanks for your answer, but I already tried several times this way of installing the driver.

The problem is not that the driver is not installing itself, it does. The problem is that Windows refuses to load the driver... (error code 31).
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

Try this to remove completely the driver

All programs / Accesories / System Tools / System Information

Once there
System Summary
-> Components
-> Network
--> Adapter
---> Driver Location.

Look for your NIC Card and Driver location.

now Uninstall your NIC Card from device Manager and remove the driver from the location you saw in System Information

Reboot the server and stop windows driver installation. If it prompts for you to choose the new driver cancel all request and get into windows, once there install the driver from the .exe file that you downloaded.

After that

you can also apply the firmware
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=397638&prodNameId=3288140&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-acb472d6a57447f696ac2e8804

Regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Binard Laurent

Thanks for your mail and your answer.

I already did the procedure you are talking.

With no effect... Removing everything related to the network card, the teaming in the registry and in the files did not solve anything.

I got a backup from monday and restored the registry files. I now got connectivity but others problem with the network interface... (drivers are not identical for the two network card).
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

my last recommendation what if you try a previous NIC driver version or force an update using the latest Proliant Support Pack 7.91 there is an option to force if you execute hpsum.exe

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Binard Laurent

Restored a previous version of a backup.

It did not solved the version problem (different for the two network cards).

I will open a new thread in the forums for that.

Thanks to all people that helped.