cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL360G4P

d_lee
Occasional Visitor

DL360G4P

Hi! I just got a new DL360G4P 3x 72GB SAS Drive. I'm thinking of configuring RAID 5 and install it with win2003 svr. The RAID Card is U320 Smart Array 6i Controller (embedded on system board).

I need some brief guideline(configuring raid 5 using the raid controller that i have and step that i need to go through before i start installing win2003 svr) on how to perform the steps above. After setting up the server, i might want to unplug one of the sas drive(hot swap) from the server and plug in again to make sure the RAID 5 work. Any idea what do i need to do after pluggin the SAS drive that i tested?

When i unplug the sas drive from the existing raid, is there anything that i need to do to make sure that the Hot Spare will take over the so called "faulty drive"?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Re: DL360G4P

Hello Lee,

Are you sure its a SAS disk because 6i does'nt support SAS,only SCSI.

SRH
Jaragon
Frequent Advisor

Correct man if you are using SAS HDD's the 360 came with a P600 from factory integration, it is recommended that yo run the FW CD7.6 to update FW on controller, HDD and Sys Board after that you can use Smart Start 7.6 it will automatically configure a Raid 5 if there is 3 HDD's so just do and assisted deploy
d_lee
Occasional Visitor

Hi! Yup, you are right. The RAID Controller is HP Smart Array P600 Controller with 256MB Cache, instead of Smart Array 61.

Any advise on my questions posted previously?

Thanks.
Jaragon
Frequent Advisor

Jaragon
Frequent Advisor

let me know if you succed with it