ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752796 Members
5953 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360G7 - upgraded ilo from 1.25 to 1.50 and now textcons says advanced license needed.

gsgleason
Occasional Visitor

DL360G7 - upgraded ilo from 1.25 to 1.50 and now textcons says advanced license needed.

The subject says it.  I use textcons via SSH a lot on my 15 servers to select a network boot option and install specific software I need for testing.

I was having issues with ilo locking up (not responding to SSH/HTTPS) and the only fix was to go to the server room and power down.

I upgraded hoping to mitigate that lockup issue, and now I get the following:

iLO 3 Standard 1.50 at  Sep 12 2012
Server Name: linux
Server Power: Off

</>hpiLO-> textcons

status=2
status_tag=COMMAND PROCESSING FAILED
error_tag=COMMAND ERROR-UNSPECIFIED
Tue Jan 29 00:41:35 2013

iLO Advanced License required for this functionality.

</>hpiLO->

Looking at the ilo licensing page (http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/iloadvanced/comparison.html), the textconsole via SSH is included in the standard license.

Is this a bug?

2 REPLIES 2
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Re: DL360G7 - upgraded ilo from 1.25 to 1.50 and now textcons says advanced license needed.

Textcons has always been an Advanced Feature. I remember there was a bug in earlier iLO3 versions that allowed Textcons to work without the advanced license.

Do you have any documentation saying this?  The site I linked to says that textcons is a standard license feature.