5823 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL360Gen9 Network Alarms are never generated

KMomtaz
Occasional Collector

DL360Gen9 Network Alarms are never generated

Dears,

I am working on a DL360Gen9 Server having RHEL 7 as OS. Each NIC has 2 network cables plugged. Cables are redundant between the 2 NICs. The four cables are plugged in 2 diffrent charging switches. I have everything configured correctly with the OSS to display the Hw Alarms. Whenever for example I remove one of the Power Cables, I received an alarm. 

The problem I am facing that whenever I try to unplug one or all the 4 cables, I never receive any HW Alarm from the alarms defined in the hp_alarm_definitions file.

Here are the expected error codes: (9618002 - 9618006 - 9618008 - 9618012 - 9618014).

As a conclusion, here are the questions:

1- Why whenever I unplug or make ifdown to one of the ports. I never receive a HW Alarm?

2- Is there any specific configuration to make these alarms generate?

Thanks a lot in advance. 

Regards,

Karim Momtaz

1 REPLY 1
DeepakJajware
HPE Pro

Re: DL360Gen9 Network Alarms are never generated

Hello Karim 

Thank you for the posting the queries here. 

However looking into the details it seems deeper technical analysis is needed for which a dedicated technical Expert can help here. Hence I request you to please conatct HPE Support team over phone and get a Ticket / Case logged again this Server serial number which is having issue. 

https://www.hpe.com/us/en/contact-hpe.html

Also it would be helpful if detailed logs from units can be shared. We also might have to involve our OS exerts on this query and hence I urge you to please log a case. 

Regards

HPE Team 

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo