9243 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL360Gen9 hangs on Linux boot occasionally

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@bramd wrote:

It boots the image and then the centos blue progress bar keeps going forever. 

If you make it drop back to the text boot screen, wht is being displayed?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Peter Sokolov
Advisor

Today I received a mail from HPE CRT Complaint Management Germany explaining that the case was closed by HPE support because it was about a non supported configuration. This is what I am trying to explain all the time. The problem happens from time to time when booting Linux in legacy mode. However because I did not find a reliable way to repeat the problem and I spent 3 weeks trying to trace down the issue to the root of the cause I explained to HPE support which is the reliable and easy way to repeat the problem but then they do not handle it because it is in a non-supported configuration. Then I started writing in HPE Community because I did not get to talk to HPE support and explain the issue further because the second case was closed without event talking to me on the phone. What I could understand on the phone is that HPE support handles exchange of faulty parts like mainboard and hard disks. However software bugs are not handled by HPE support.

Again: I was hoping that someone from HPE will understand that there is a problem which affects a supported Linux configuration however the way to reproduce it easily is with a non supported configuration. I am not sure that anyone really wants to spend weeks or months in trying to find a reliable way to reproduce the problem with a supported configuration because it definitely does not happen often.

I really hope that this will be fixed in the future, hopefully soon.