ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752815 Members
5733 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

DL360P G8 Can't upgrade iLO or BIOS firmware (Stuck at 1%)

DRAGONKZ
Occasional Visitor

DL360P G8 Can't upgrade iLO or BIOS firmware (Stuck at 1%)

I've just picked up a used DL360P G8 server to compliment my DL20 G9s.

The firmware was all only 1 version higher than the shipping firmware, so it was approx 5 years old and I started to upgrade it all.

I've managed to update all other components except for the BIOS and the iLO firmware.

I seem to be getting the issue where it gets stuck at "Firmware Flash Progress 1%".

I have searched on here and tried the common fixes, such as wiping the iLO config, removing power, using the DIP switches to reset config, flashing via USB key, Windows O/S, through iLO itself, through intelligent provisioning, through the latest SUP, trying incremental BIOS/iLO upgrade paths, and using hponcfg to reset the config.

None of these have worked and I'm still stuck not being able to update these 2 components.

My board is a V2 one, and the current versions are:

iLO = 1.4.0

BIOS = P71 12/20/2013

Anyone have any other sugestions to try and get these 2 items upgraded?

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2
slavtechbuer
Valued Contributor

Re: DL360P G8 Can't upgrade iLO or BIOS firmware (Stuck at 1%)

Good Morning,

Do you try to upgrade by using 'Rompaq' or Online?

I have notivce once (on gen7) that Online upgrade i had to do via Firefox cause all other browser stuck on 1%

Kind Regards

DRAGONKZ
Occasional Visitor

Re: DL360P G8 Can't upgrade iLO or BIOS firmware (Stuck at 1%)

I've tried using the SPP, using the USB key method, install via iLO, installing via Windows package...etc. (Almost every method available)

I recall reading somewhere about original revision boards being stuck on iLO 1.0 due to bad NAND, but my board is a revised one and appears to have already been updated once (as the BIOS and iLO stickers on the chips themselves are a revision older than what is actually installed)

Thanks