ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753531 Members
5152 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

DL360e G8 Intelligent Provisioning Firmware Upgrade Not Current.

Rayb16
Occasional Visitor

DL360e G8 Intelligent Provisioning Firmware Upgrade Not Current.

when I select the firmware upgrade option through the Intelligent Provisioning, It tells me that the firmware is 'up to date'.

but if I go to the HP site for the server, I see newer firmware available, why is this?

Also the Firmware Update CD/DVD is dated June of 2012. 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: DL360e G8 Intelligent Provisioning Firmware Upgrade Not Current.

You can update Intelligent Provisioning or better use the current SPP for firmware updates.
Currently SPP 2013.02 is the latest, there is newer software that you can add or wait for the next release (should come soon).

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5249571&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3Didx%253D2%257CswItem%253DMTX_12c365d219654b94ab8b2e8c1c%257CswEnvOID%253D4064%257CitemLocale%253D%257CswLang%253D%257Cmode%253D4%257Caction%253DdriverDocument&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.v...

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Rayb16
Occasional Visitor

it looks like the Intelligent Provisioning firmware was current out of the box.  and I was able to create the Usb flash for the Bios and that went ok,  but I don't see a way to bring the storage controller firmware current.  Both the Intelligent Provisioning and the smart update DVD think the firmware is current on the device but there is one rev higher on the HP website. I tried copying the storage firmware update file into the folder on the usb drive for the smart update firmware, but it still does not see this newer firmware.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

You can update this firmware online or offline by using SPP. For offline use you need to add the linux scexe file into hp/swpackages.

Did you do this?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!