cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL360e Gen8 3rd PCI-E slot

Ollie2001
Occasional Visitor

DL360e Gen8 3rd PCI-E slot

Hi, there's a third set of PCI-E slots on the far right hand side of the motherboard (as looking at it from the back) with no riser board.

I've attempted to plug a device into this with the case off and it gets power but isn't detected by the system (a PCI-E to m.2 NVME device).

Is there any way to enable this 3rd PCI-E slot? Not sure why it's there if it can't be used.

My plan is to buy a cable riser and fit the card somewhere in the chassis.

Thanks
Ollie

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: DL360e Gen8 3rd PCI-E slot

@Ollie2001wrote:

Hi, there's a third set of PCI-E slots on the far right hand side of the motherboard (as looking at it from the back) with no riser board.

I've attempted to plug a device into this with the case off and it gets power but isn't detected by the system (a PCI-E to m.2 NVME device).

Is there any way to enable this 3rd PCI-E slot? Not sure why it's there if it can't be used.

My plan is to buy a cable riser and fit the card somewhere in the chassis.

Thanks
Ollie

From what I can recall, there is an option riser that plugs into that slot.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! Accept or KudoI work for HPE
2Peter
Occasional Advisor

As far as I know is that NVMe need a full UEFI platform and the UEFI does need to support NVMe also (it's a component that should be available in the UEFI). And full UEFI started with Gen9 devices. 

So I'm afraid that Gen8 devices does not support NVMe drives.

Ollie2001
Occasional Visitor

I'm not using it as a boot device so UEFI isn't required. I had them working in my old DL2000 so definatley doesn't need UEFI.

If an offical HP riser was available for the third PCI-E slot then there must be a way of enabling it? 

Both the BIOS setup and ILO don't even list a 3rd slot :(